Didn't file your taxes in 2017?

Did you not file your tax return in 2017? Don't worry, you can file your taxes with us, this year, along with the current year. It is important to file tax return if you have an income above , it is the law.

To determine if you need to file a Federal Income Tax return for 2017 answer the following questions:

Occasionally, individuals have one-time or infrequent financial transactions that may require them to file a Federal Income Tax return. Do any of the following examples apply to you?

  • Did you have Federal taxes withheld from your pension and wages for this tax year and wish to get a refund back?
  • Are you entitled to the Earned Income Tax Credit or did you receive Advance Earned Income Credit for this tax year?
  • Were you self-employed with earnings of more than $400.00?
  • Did you sell your home?
  • Will you owe any special tax on a qualified retirement plan (including an individual retirement account (IRA) or medical savings account (MSA)? You may owe tax if you:
      • Received an early distribution from a qualified plan
      • Made excess contributions to your IRA or MSA
      • Were born before July 1, 1938, and you did not take the minimum required distribution from your qualified retirement plan.
      • Received a distribution in the excess of $160,000 from a qualified retirement plan.
  • Will you owe social security and Medicare tax on tips you did not report to your employer?
  • Will you owe uncollected social security and Medicare or Railroad retirement (RRTA) tax on tips you reported to your employer?
  • Will you be subject to Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT)? (The tax law gives special treatment to some kinds of income and allows special deductions and credit for some kinds of expenses.)
  • Will you owe recapture tax?
  • Are you a church employee with income in wages of $108.28 or more from a church or qualified church-controlled organization that is exempt from employer social security or Medicare taxes?

If answer to any of these questions are Yes, you need to file the income tax.

Do one or more of the preceding situations apply to your filing requirements?

Minimum two years of tax return is needed for getting a mortgage loan. If you ever intend to buy a home, it makes it easy to get a mortage loan.

You might be qualified for Earn Income Credit or refund if you file.